[Amps] a BANG in the AMP ?

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Sun Oct 19 20:39:57 EDT 2003

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:20:17 -0500, Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX
<RMcGraw at Blomand.Net> wrote:

>First I'd have concern that using a Variac to bringing the voltage up slowly
>would also bring the heater voltage up slowly and the blower voltage up
>slowly.

Why is that a concern?  Perhaps you're thinking slowly as in minutes
or longer?  I'm talking a few seconds, just long enough to see what
happens in the first few moments of turn-on.

I should have mentioned too, the AC input current should be monitored
if possible, using an overload-protected meter.

--
Bill, W7TI