[Amps] Ameritron AL-572B

Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF oz1pif at get2net.dk
Tue Oct 21 10:28:34 EDT 2003

I'm partial against the 572b tube, had some very bad luck with two sets of
Svetlana's. I finally converted my old FL2000B to use a single QB4/1100
instead. Although a tetrode, I run it as a triode with screen and grid tied
together, acting almost identical to the 3-500Z, the result is a much more
tractable and stable amplifier, with better output on the higher bands.
I find the 572b a very expensive, tricky and fragile tube, and recommend
against it. Your mileage may vary..

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

email: oz1pif(no-spam-filler)@get2net.dk
http://hjem.get2net.dk/oz1pif