[Amps] Water cooling heat exchanger approaches

Skram, Helge (MED) helge.skram at med.ge.com
Tue Oct 28 10:18:12 EST 2003

Hi

I have a 23cm 2x 7289 amp from VE1ALQ using water cooling.
Yes I came into the same situation, where do you get a "small transmission
oil cooler".
Couldn't find any, but then came to think that the heat exchanger in a small
car could be used.
That is the small radiator heating the passenger compartment. I am not shure
what you call it.
This was much easier to locate. Browsed the catalog of a local dealer of car
parts and found that
the heat radiator for a Opel Corsa would fit perfectly. It was not too
expensive at about $100.
One advantage with this is that it is intended for water, which is not a oil
cooler.

73 de LA6MV
Helge