[Amps] 1200 vs 1500 triodes

Joe Isabella n3ji at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 07:05:48 EST 2003

Thanks for an excellent post, Dave.  I've had my RF Parts branded 3-500ZGs almost a year now
running AM @ 300 to 400W carrier on 40 & 75m and haven't had a single hiccup.  I also run SSB &
CW, on many other bands with a 75/40/20m dipole antenna and letting the amp load it (Where I run
AM, the ant is a good match).  I get a good dip in the plate and grid current is okay (less than
250mA @ full output).  I'm certainly interested in how these tubes age -- however, the RF Parts
3-500ZG has a full 1 year warranty and a prorated second year -- you should have been able to get
two new ones from them for the price of one (at 18 months into the warranty).

Joe,
N3JI