[Amps] grease for tuning sliding contacts

John T. M. Lyles jtml at lanl.gov
Wed Sep 10 12:21:07 EDT 2003

Moly-disulphide lube:

Every big CPI/Eimac tube(100kw and up) used to come shipped with a
tube of Fel Pro C100 molydinum sulphide paste, used on the copper
anode where the water fittings screwed in.  (sorry for the spelling
of Mo). It is an antisieze compound, which is not supposed to dry out
even at high temperature. I have used it for other applications, such
as in automotive work, soldering tip threads, but never in amplifiers
for wiping contacts. It would make a real mess. I looked on google
and got this website which distributes the stuff, now called heavy
duty anti-seize.
http://www.newmantools.com/felpro.htm

There appears to be some other interesting materials here, including
their graphite 50 Mil spec conductive antisieze, and several nuclear
grade compounds, one with copper in it.

Has anyone tried any of these? The C100 is quite nasty, in that it
really stains your fingers. I used it just recently on the screw
theads of a vacuum variable cap that was tight, in my Continental
314R1 broadcast TX rebuild/conversion. After using C100, the cap is
smooth, and the stuff won't dry out with heat.

nice to hear some practical info being tossed around here again.

73
john
K5PRO