[Amps] grease for tuning sliding contacts

David Woodhead davidw at ensemble.com
Thu Sep 11 10:24:32 EDT 2003

I use silver conductive grease. It is quite expensive (~$20 for a tiny tube)
and available online. However, you only need a very small amount. I use it
only on sliding contacts, not on the inductor itself (most of mine use a
wheel contacting the inductor). I have run tests with and without the
grease. Without the resistance jumps when the inductor is turned. With
grease it is a solid contact even when turning. Downside is it gives a
slightly sticky feel when turning.

David
KM5TZ