[Amps] Coax Switches

W B Reese amps at radions.net
Sun Sep 14 23:41:54 EDT 2003

Dear Amps,

I have two antennas at my home, One transceiver & One Amplifier.

The transceiver is a Elecraft 2K/100 with KAT100, it switches between two
antennas, very handy.

What I would like to do is to switch the amplifier from "Line A" to "Line
B" at the flick of a switch.

All I can find is single pole coax switches, but I think I need a double
pole double throw.

In other words, in Position #1 The amp is in Line A, Line B connects
directly to the transceiver.  In Position #2 The amp is in Line B, Line A
connects directly to the transceiver.

Does anyone know how I could do this?

Right now my system is:  In Line A to Line B, Unscrew coax from antenna #A
to amp, Screw coax from Antenna #B onto amp.  Unscrew Antenna B off of
transceiver and Screw Antenna A onto transceiver.

Cumbersome & slow!

Thanks for any advice!

TR WB6TMY
http://www.radions.net/spamfltr.htm