[Amps] RFConcepts Mini-Amp 144

KE2N at cs.com KE2N at cs.com
Fri Apr 2 07:04:39 EST 2004

I have a mirage 300 w brick with a similar biasing scheme. It had terrible SSB linearity until it "warmed up". I increased the forward bias so that it was clean cold, but now it goes into a kind of thermal runaway when it gets hot (draws 40 amps contiuously - class A!). My cure was just to put a really big fan on it so it does not get hot. A less-than-ideal situation. A "real" bias circuit would certainly help. I don't think any of the Mirage amps have them.

Ken