[Amps] More on RF relays

Vic Rosenthal vic at rakefet.com
Sat Apr 17 17:09:42 EDT 2004

There were so many answers to my question, that I thought I would
describe the relays I finally used.  They are NTE R10-11D10-12 DPDT
relays, rated 10A/240V.  They are open-frame relays in little plastic
cases with plug/solder connections on one side.

I removed the cases and the jumpers that connect the moving arm to the
connections; instead, I soldered a thin piece of copper foil directly to
the point at the back of the arm where the jumpers had been connected.
I used both sets of contacts in parallel.  These relays worked at the
1500 watt level with no noticeable sign of heating, so I guess they will
be OK.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco