[Amps] Serious design stage

Jim Isbell millenniumfalcon at cableone.net
Wed Apr 21 17:13:16 EDT 2004

OK, what do you suggest?  I would prefer glow bugs, but may have to go
to solid state.  I was planing on probably only 4500VDC at less than 0.5
amps.  I am going to make the transformer in a box with several taps
available to change the output voltage as needed, similar to this
project that someone (I accidentally erased the post before I thanked
him) sent me the URL to after I posted this question.

http://www.hamradiomarket.com/articles/lightenup.htm

The only reason for using more than 3000VDC is to reduce the drive
requirement to about 100Watts as that is about what the 32S-1 puts out.