[Amps] I had thought I'd seen everything

R.Measures r at somis.org
Sun Apr 25 08:06:02 EDT 2004

On Apr 24, 2004, at 7:55 PM, Steve Jackson wrote:

> but this is madness squared:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D3093349628
>
> It's a Suburban with a dedicated "25kW" CB amplifier.
> Take a look at the power supply and the cooling
> system.
> The ad says it uses a pair of 3CX3000 ...

=F0  25k pep Out from a pair of 3cx3000A7s is a stretch.  25k In is not.
-  The last CBer I talked to about amplifier design issues was building=20=

a 4cx15,000A in AB1, a tube that will do 25k pep out without doubt.

>  who knows
> what element is in the Bird meter, though.

=F0  Bird meters can also be tweaked.  Some folks tell the truth and =
some=20
do not.  I have run into people who seem to feel superior by convincing=20=

others that something which is not true, is true.  Based on=20
conversations with a Ham friend who sold cars to make a living, I think=20=

there are car and truck salesmen who do this.  According to my friend,=20=

salesmen compete with each other to pull off the most delightsome scam.

Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734.  www.somis.org=20=