[Amps] Mega Mobile

R.Measures r at somis.org
Tue Apr 27 04:35:29 EDT 2004

On Apr 26, 2004, at 7:07 AM, Bill Turner wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 08:27:03 -0700, k7fm wrote:
>
>> Just think what you could do with your own train.  Finals in one car,
>> antenna on roofs of many cars.  Set up a mobile VOA.

> I would think the main problem with super power is you'd get a lot of
> calls from guys you couldn't hear.  In the long run I doubt if you'd
> work any more stations than with a legal amp.

=F0  Hello, Bill --- "You have to hear before you can work 'em" was=20
pretty much true before the Internet.  However, over the Internet, one=20=

can listen remotely to a low-power DX station's signal on a receiver in=20=

or near his country.  Being heard by said DX station is then simply a=20
matter of running enough suds.  Even before the Internet, remote=20
receivers were being accessed through telephone lines during major DX=20
contests.  Rumour had it that the winner of some DX contest in the=20
early 1980s had a telephone bill for the month of over $3,000.

> You would be able to keep the frequency clear, however.  :-)

=F0  But only while transmitting -- except when listening over the=20
Internet, of course.
cheers