[Amps] 4-1000A in Passive grid-driven use?

R.Measures r at somis.org
Wed Apr 28 23:39:43 EDT 2004

On Apr 28, 2004, at 12:38 PM, n7ioh wrote:

>    Are there any problems in using the 4-1000A in a passive=20
> grid-driven mode on 160 - 10 meter or on 6 meters?

=F0 Above 30m, it's a good idea to tune out the grid's XC.  See:
http://www.somis.org/D_a_05.GIF
The XL of L1 tunes out the grid's XC for whatever frequency you choose.=20=

  note -- this is the first step in tuning up such a machine.  .

> If not, what kind of output can I expect to get?

=F0  Depends on anode V and screen V.  With 7kV and 1kV, you should be=20=

able to get 2.6 out.

> Second, I have seen amps that use a roller inductor and not a band=20
> switch, any thoughts?

=F0  They provide the best match over a wide frequency range.