[Amps] 4-1000A in Passive grid-driven use?

Bill L. Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Fri Apr 30 09:32:15 EDT 2004

I don't know if anyone has actually made a cathode driven biased 4-1000A AB1  amplifier but it should be very low in distortion compared to either zero bias grounded grid or common cathode operation. That is because of the  fact that there would be very little grid current and the plate RF current would be the same as the drive RF current and the power gain would come from the ratio of cathode drive impedance and plate impedance. If the plate impedance was 5000 ohms and drive impedance 200 ohms then the power gain would be 25 or so. It would be interesting to try. I expect that the  cahtode impedance would be somewhere between 100 and 200 ohms. It should be somewhat greater that gg due to the greately reduced grid current.
    And just about all of your drive power would pass thru to the output.

73
Bill wa4lav

73
Bill wa4lav