[Amps] Solid State AMP

Gene Bigham jbigham2 at kc.rr.com
Fri Apr 30 17:23:01 EDT 2004

Well I won a solid state amp off e-bay, it has what looks like 4 push pull pairs and a possible driver board.  It was touted as a plasma generator and is water cooled; the heat sink has fittings for water flow.  As I get into this project I plan to reverse engineer the thing.  It has a very heavy combiner built into it.  It also has what looks like an output filter that might place it near 30 to 50 MHz given the size of coils and capacitors therein.
The two transistors on each of the four push pull blocks are labeled with ST 681033 on each transistor and either c795v or c589c, then all have cc on the bottom of the labels.  I was told they are higher voltage transistors, possibly 28 to 40 volts?  At this point I do not know but my research has just begun.
If you know anything about this amp or its transistors let me know, I got it for cheap and want to have some fun playing in my basement laboratory.
Thanks
Gene