[Amps] Resonant choke filter

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Sun Aug 1 05:13:13 EDT 2004

Richard,
Yea, I was shooting for the 3X (460Vdc X 3) but in the Allied catalog,
there was a jump between 400V and 2 Kv. The X363 series from ASC goes
from 100 to 400 Vdc. Then the next series is the X675, which starts off
at 2 Kv and goes to 16 Kv. I guess they figure nobody will need anything
from 500V to 1.9Kv? I actually needed 1.4Kv-1.5 Kv but they didn't show
making it. Needless to say, I thought that odd myself. Since you
mentioned trying that filter out, I looked around my shop and had a 5
Henry choke. I figured just to build up a demo first using a 325 Vac
transformer I had here just to see how much it would clean that up using
a scope to check it. If I had a Polaroid scope camera to fit this
Tektronix scope, I'd do a before and after pic. I'll try to get a pic
with my digital camera if it will show the trace and graticule. Really,
I'm building a new HV power supply for my bench using one of those
transformers I have. It'll have an adjustable regulated screen and bias
output. I'm wanting it to prototype other projects with. I've put off
building the thing now for two years and just now thinking about
starting it =) I need to find me a good deal on two panel meters in the
500 Vdc range to go on the cabinet. Not found any yet without buying
brand new. I might just modify a couple of surplus meters with a new
face plate.

Will