[Amps] 3-500ZG brands

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Aug 12 13:20:04 EDT 2004

My repair was to the tube pins themselves.  You could clearly see where the
solder had melted out from around the filament leads, so that they wee no
longer making a good high current connection to the pins.  I just wrapped a
wet rag around the pins whe4e they seal to the glass of the envelope, to
keep that area cool, and used a 140-watt soldering gun. I also polished the
pins with emery cloth, and did the same to the inside of the tube socket
clips they mate with.

There are different sorts of silver solder, depending on the
application.  You do not want the stuff used for plumbing, because its melt
temp is too low.  The other stuff is expensive and you don't need very
much, which is why I suggested Rich as a source.

73, Pete