[Amps] 3-500ZG brands

Clay W7CE w7ce at curtiss.net
Thu Aug 12 10:45:15 EDT 2004

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies to my question.  I will check the
tube, socket and soldering before concluding that the tube is bad.  I looked
at the solder connections on the sockets and they definitely look like they
could use resoldering.

Pete, please describe the repair you made.  Was it to the socket or to the
tube pin itself?

I need to acquire some silver solder for some antenna projects and it sounds
like it will be useful here as well.  Is silver solder readily available or
is it usually a special order?  Does it require a special flux?

Thanks,
Clay