[BULK] - RE: [BULK] - [Amps] Convert Heathkit SB-220 to 50Mhz

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Wed Aug 18 14:14:28 EDT 2004

Oops, forgot to mention, my plate tank for 6m (SB-220 mod) is 3-1/2 turns of
1/4" copper tubing on a 1-1/2" diameter form (inside diameter of the tank
coil); plate TUNE cap is 2-30 pF Jennings vacuum variable, either 5kV or
7.5kV (either model seems to work); plate LOAD cap is the original TUNE cap
from the SB-220.  I don't re-use any of the original tank circuitry at all,
except for the old TUNE cap, which I re-use as the new LOAD cap for six.

WB2WIK/6

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken
Olson, Chairman & Founder, Digital Equipment Corporation (1977)