[Amps] RE: Audio BW -- Please just let us operate!!

Randy Brothers k9or at comcast.net
Fri Aug 27 22:12:30 EDT 2004

Hi Joe,

I'm a new subscriber to this list, and I suspect the last week's intense
postings on AM/Centurions may not be typical.
No question that ssb is more spectrum-efficient.
I was qrt for about 15 years, been back on hf about 2 - and I would say
outside of contests I have yet to find a "crowded" hf band. What crowds
there are tend to flock around a few key frequencies. 20/40/80(75) are
sparsely populated compared to back in the day. DSB, AM, SSB, whatever, we
need to occupy what we have.

My humble opinion,

73 Randy K9OR