[Amps] Tube Tester

R.Measures r at somis.org
Sat Aug 28 12:22:42 EDT 2004

On Aug 28, 2004, at 8:43 AM, Carlos Avellanet [KF4RRN] wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what tube tester would test the 8875 tubes of my
> MLA-2500, or any other ceramic tube for that matter.

The heater can be checked for continuity with a DMM.  A high-pot tester
can detect the leakage current caused by any gold plating that has
evaporated from the grid.  (loose gold meltballs can cause anode-grid
arcing)
http://www.somis.org/Goldmeltballs.html
http://www.somis.org/EimacF.html
Loose gold meltballs inside an 8875 can sometimes be moved into the
base of the tube by tapping on top of the anode cooler with a 4oz
hammer.
-  Good luck, Carlos.