[Amps] RCA ET4336

Cleeve g3jvc at jcleeve.idps.co.uk
Sun Aug 29 07:19:36 EDT 2004

I have recently aquired one of these rugged units, in perfect working order,
complete with all the documentation, also, the Wilcox Gay VFO and xtal
modules, and the RCA speech amplifier. The original 866 mercury vapour
rectifiers have been replaced by solid state plug in modules, which appear to
be of professional manufacture.

	However, to improve the cosmetic appearance of my unit, I would like to
obtain an RCA identity plate which should have been on the front of the
transmitter, but I understand that these were not in place, when these units
were on the UK surplus market, some 50 years ago, however the handbook
photograph does show one in place.

	I wonder, does any of the group own one of these transmitters, and if so,
does it have the original RCA identity plate on the front ? I would like to
obtain a 1:1 scale picture of the RCA name plate, in order to have a copy
made. My regards to the group, John. G3JVC.