[Amps] load capacitor ratings?

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Tue Aug 31 01:52:19 EDT 2004

Rich,
This insulation material that they said was nylon, looked as if they
dipped the stator assembly in it as a liquid and let it dry. It still
gave enough clearance for the rotor plates to move freely. They
guaranteed it to be rated for X2 the rated air voltage. I never tried
one so can't say how they worked. I couldn't see paying that kind of
price for a small unti when going up one or two sizes in an air variable
was all that was needed and was almost the same price as the smaller one.

I wasn't aware of the problems they had with the roller inductors as I
never did try one of theirs to use it. I knew they made them but had
never heard about any problems. Of course this is something a
manufacturer is going to announce either.

Will Matney