[Amps] OEP caps -------------- TSPA -------

John T. M. Lyles jtml at lanl.gov
Tue Aug 31 13:48:32 EDT 2004

I wonder why OEP chose glass epoxy for the coil form, when there are
easier to turn materials such as UDEL polysulfone that are extremely
RF tolerant and heat tolerant. After all, they did use ULTEM which is
another miracle polymer of recent vintage. Besides having lousy loss
tangent at 1 MHz and up, Nylon also absorbs moisture, as does Delrin.
Thanks for the tip about OEP products though. Does anyone know if
Cardwell is still making capacitors and large coils too?

73
John
K5PRO