[Amps] Dx pedition amp ???

Leigh S. Jones kr6x at kr6x.com
Thu Dec 2 00:39:28 EST 2004

When I do the math I get different numbers.  At the 66% plate
efficiency that is often quoted as typical for class B linear
operation,
which frankly isn't pie-in-the-sky considering that 50% of the drive
power feeds through to the antenna, the slide rule says that it will
take 1212 watts input to get 800 watts output.  That's 312 watts
dissipated -- only a paper thin margin above the ratings.

Don't even talk about class C where 80% efficiency would
mean that the tube dissipates 200 watts.