[Amps] Dx pedition amp ???

Roger D Johnson n1rj at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 2 10:01:09 EST 2004

It's an interesting thread. There are an increasing number
of tetrode powered amps coming on line with spophisticated
power and control circuitry. These "goof proof" amps are
nice sitting at home on the desk in an air conditioned ham
shack but is the reliability sufficeint for DXpedition use?
There is a lot to be said for the good old grounded grid
triode amp without all the bells and whistles. If I were to
take one of the newer tetrode amps off the some remote island,
I'd want to have a spare set of boards on hand.

73, Roger

Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)
http://ussliberty.org/