[Amps] TL-922A - Loud Pop, Blown Fuses

Mike Clarson mclarson at rcc.com
Mon Dec 6 12:19:06 EST 2004

Don't know if the TL-922A has similar problems, but my SB-220 has exhibited
evidence of parasitic oscillations, and, when that happens, one gets the
".22 Caliber" pop. It is unpredictable, and, it can take out a tube. It
usually happens while tuning, but sometimes it will just happen at random. I
have sidelined the amp to fix it over the winter. The last time, it took out
the meter resistor! Hope I didn't lose a tube. Check the parasitic
supressors for signs of overheating. --Mike, WV2ZOW