[Amps] .82 ohm

Mike Clarson mclarson at rcc.com
Tue Dec 7 12:28:35 EST 2004

It seems quite unlikely that 120 watts would blow the .82 ohm shunt. Oter
forces were at work (Parasitics likely). I often looked at the grid current
but never actually used the reading for anything. Its the readings on the
plate side that make the difference. The Grid current is what it is. Maybe
it could be useful in the one time tuning of the input circuit but even then
one can look at the output. But when that .82 goes, it can take out the
meter. Short is a good idea, and remove the short if you ever need to
monitor grid current, assuming you put another .82 in there. Mine is blown,
meter survived. Replacing it with wire! --Mike, WV2ZOW