[Amps] Unknown tube amp

Vic Rosenthal vic at rakefet.com
Sun Dec 12 12:00:20 EST 2004

jeff millar wrote:

> 833s don't twist and both plate and grid lie on top.

The 833A has two big filament pins at the bottom, which can be held by a
twist-in arrangement, sort of like the way the pins on a fluorescent tube are
held.  And the original writer said "two plate-cap type connectors", which I
understand to be the plate and grid connections of the 833A.  He didn't mention
any other connections, so unless these are diodes, I assume that one is the
grid.  Also the physical size is right, and a pair of 833A's would be
comfortable for a 1 KW input plate-modulated class-C amplifier.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco