[Amps] Help on Aerovox capacitor

Dennis Berry dennisberry at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 17 17:25:20 EST 2004

Thanks for all the great replies on the capacitor question.  I suspect with
the cap having the an embossed mark on one end, that is an indicator of
polarity.  But the problem is, there is no paint on it to indicate black or
red, which helped prompt the question for the group.  So I'll be patient and
see if there are more replies on just what the emboss may refer to before I
actually apply voltage to the cap.  BTW, neither post measures any
resistance to case.  I may try and measure the capacitance from each
connector to case to see if that reveals any knew information.

Thanks again for all the replies!

    Dennis