[Amps] antennas that are 1:1 vswr all over the band

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Fri Dec 24 09:34:13 EST 2004

Bill Turner wrote:

> At 12:27 PM 12/23/2004, David Kirkby wrote:
>
>> Not what you want I am sure, but here's an interesting exercise for
>> those with some AC theory. The relevance to your  question will be
>> apparent to anyone able to get the right answer.
>

> I don't think there is a "right" answer, for two reasons:
>
> 1.  You have to define what you mean by "resonance"?  Is it the
> frequency where the E/I phase shift is zero or the frequency of
> maximum impedance?

Well I thought the definition of resonance in an electrical circuit was
the frequency at which the phase shift is zero.

> 2.  What are the values of all the components?  They all have an effect.

No. You will get the same answer, no matter what value you choose for L
and C, as long as R=sqrt(L/C), which is what I stated it had to be.
There is no need for me to state L or C - the answer is independent of
them, as long as you make R=sqrt(L/C).

If you want to simulate it, rather than analytically determine it, just
pick a random value for L, a random value for C, and make R=sqrt(L/C).

David Kirkby, G8WRB