[Amps] Power Transformer

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Fri Dec 24 14:14:32 EST 2004

A few days back, someone off the mailer asked about a plate transformer
I think it was? Another had asked about a choke. Anyhow, if you all
would, please e-mail me again about this.

I've been having a problem with getting maybe 30-40 e-mails a day with
worms attached from, I think, an address off of this mailer. The reason
being is that the e-mail addresses say they are delivery failures from
different amateur radio e-mail addresses including contesting.com ones.
A brief primer on how worms work is as follows. A computer gets infected
by a worm by someone clicking on an attached file from an e-mail. The
worm then retrieves all the e-mail addresses from the victims address
book then sends out e-mails to these people. Each of these e-mails have
the worm attachment also. The are made to look like they are from other
senders (the ones from the address book) by spoofing the address line on
incoming e-mails. This worm in mention is a new one as my anti-virus
just started to catch them after it was updated. The worms name is the
"sober worm" or worm-sober by looking at the code. The attachments look
like batch files (.bat) mostly but may have other file type names like
.eml, etc. However, they are actually a small executable file (.exe) and
when opened and executed infect the victims computer and the worm then
spreads to everyone in their address book.

 From the above, if all the members of this list or everyone with
contesting.com e-mails would or need to check their computers for this
"sober worm". Most anti-virus makers should have updates to clean an
infected computer if it is found. Hopefully it will be found and my
e-mails will drop back down to a normal rate =)

Have A Merry Christmas

Will Matney