[Amps] OFF TOPIC: Loop antenna question

R.Measures r at somis.org
Sun Dec 26 05:12:25 EST 2004

On Dec 26, 2004, at 12:40 AM, Alek Petkovic wrote:

> Have you thought of a section of open wire line in the feedline at the
> feed point which puts the equivalent amount of wire into the loop to
> resonate it on 75m?
>
> eg: a 75m loop for 3.9MHz is around 258' and for 7.2 MHz it would be
> 140'. That is a difference of 118'. If you were to use a 59' section
> of open wire, it would put 118' of extra wire into the loop.

The wire in a balanced feedline does Not add to the wire in the antenna
-- i. e., antennas and feedlines are not like series resistors.  .

The best antenna I have used for limited space on 80m - 160m is the
(end-fed against gnd) Hertz.  A 100' by 60' lot will accommodate a
fairly efficient Hertz antenna.  The tradeoff is that a
remote-controlled  L-network is required at ground level at the driven
end of the wire.