[Amps] Amplifier reboots computer

Vic Rosenthal vic at rakefet.com
Sun Dec 26 15:14:36 EST 2004

Dan wrote:

> Hal, and others .. again thanks for the info. I do believe I need to run two
> more separate circuits to the shack a 220 and 110 line fromt he breaker box.

You a run a 3-wire plus ground circuit and this provides one 240V and two 120V
circuits.  An electrician can do it correctly for you and it probably won't cost
that much.

> However in reading the info about inrush currents is this what the Ameritron
> ICP-120 )or 240) does?

Yes.  But you can do it yourself much more cheaply.  I also endorse the circuit
on Rich's website that Hal mentions below:

> Mr. Rich Measures, AG6K, on his website, SOMIS.ORG, lists a very reliable and
> affordable scheme for step-starting that would prevent further mishaps.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco