[BULK] - [Amps] HV Diode Specs on Galileo 1G 15KV

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Thu Dec 30 13:01:26 EST 2004

I don't have the specification but do recall that Galileo Electro Optics (I
think that was their name) manufactured X-ray stick rectifiers rated ~250mA
when immersed in oil as they normally are for that application.  The "8047"
sounds like a date code (47th week of 1980).  If this is one of those
devices, normally ten would be used in series per phase in an X-Ray power
supply, to make a 150k PIV 200mA rectifier branch.  Sometimes they could
individually be used in microwave ovens, where the actual application is
about 6kV at 200mA.  Don't know what the "1G" means..... -WB2WIK/6

"Nobody needs more than 640k!" -Bill Gates, 1982