[Amps] FL2100b on SIX? Possible

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Sat Feb 7 06:46:24 EST 2004

In a message dated 2/7/04 01:19:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, stevek at jmr.com
writes:

> > Look all over the net!
> > can't find a mod to put the FL2100b onto
> > sixmeters.
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > //This has been tried unsuccessfully, but I don't know anybody who's
> > actually made it work!  572Bs are of very limited use above 30 MHz
> > (they're only actually "rated" to 30 MHz), and a conventional pi-net
> > probably won't work because with zero tuning C the tank will resonate
> > below 50 MHz, using any reasonable L/C ratio.  -WB2WIK/6
> >
> > Thanks Etienne ZS6Y

*******The SB-200 makes a pretty good 6 meter amp using the 572B tubes.  Not
ALL 572B tubes work well on 6 meters, but some do.  My suggestion...Sell your
2100B get an SB-200.  I tried a 2100B on 6 and had alot of problems, gave up.
Have done MANY SB-200's and they are on the air now as proof.  Try  <A HREF="http://w1qj.com/">6 METER
AMPLIFIERS</A> .
73 LouieW1QJ