[Amps] A Personal Thanks

Harold B. Mandel ka1xo at juno.com
Wed Feb 11 12:40:35 EST 2004

ATN: Gary
PETER W. DAHL COMPANY
5869 Waycross Avenue
El Paso, Texas 79924
02-11-2004:1240EST

Dear Gary,

Your response this morning on learning that the wrong plate transformer
was shipped to me was entirely positive.

The incorrect part, packed in its original carton and tied to the
wooden pallet securely, awaits your issuance of the Call Tag
for its return to you. Hopefully the UPS driver will know to
bring a hand truck before lifting the one hundred pound
shipment.

As mentioned to Art, the 240 volt input and 40KV output
cables stayed here, awaiting the arrival of the correct assembly.

The only item possibly worth mentioning about the condition
of the item when received was that the factory only foamed the
top of the transformer, which allowed the bottom hardware to
cut into the cardboard a bit as it was jostled on its way East.
Perhaps an additional layer of material would help preserve
the container longer.

Please extend my personal vote of thanks to everyone at
P.W. Dahl company. The promptness of your response and
your good cheer when faced with a thousand dollar transformer
return is worthy of letting the Amateur community know about.

As I keep building amplifiers, Gary, Dahl transformers will be included.

Sincerely,

Harold Mandel
KA1XO