[Amps] SB221 (220) Input SWR

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 07:04:39 EST 2004

In a message dated 2/17/04 12:42:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bill at spickler.net writes:

> I suppose my next step will be to pull the coil out and see if it is okay,
> but I'm hesitant to do that because I don't know where I would find a
> replacement.  Does anyone have any other suggestions or does anyone know where I can
> find these coils.
>
> Please reply directly to bill at spickler.net
>
> Tnx es 73s

Hi Bill, Did you try retuning the coil after you replaced the caps?  If you
did, maybe the coil material cracked?  At any rate, I would try adjusting the
coil for least SWR and if that does not work you can purchase a coil from me, I
have them.  It is pretty difficult to adjust a coil while the amp is on, some
fancy ingenuity is in order, but it should be adjusted.  Contact me if you
decide you want a coil.  73 Louie W1QJ