[Amps] sb-220 on 17 meters

peter lecutis2 at netscape.net
Mon Feb 23 21:21:04 EST 2004

Thanks for the help.
So Mr. Measures asked the following question as seen below.  So I tune
up to find the answers.  Mind you I just installed a vhf parasitic kit
today.
I now get decent output with no extra heat or filament glow.  Tubes are
weak so take outputs with this in mind.
Input Swr 1.0:1
Plate amp. 0.6
Grid millamp 210
output swr 1.4:1
exciter watts 84
output  775 watts

Two conclusions.  Its an intermitant problem or the parasitic kit
altered something.

Maybe human error but I doubt it. I tried tuning it up on two different
days.  With the same low power out on both days.
  Thanks
Peter
KC0NYG