[Amps] SB-200 80 Meter dilemma

R.Measures r at somis.org
Fri Feb 27 03:40:24 EST 2004

**  Sounds like the 80m Tune-C padder cap switch contacts have been
evaporated by occasionally arcing when they are open (40m - 10m).  The
arcing is apparently caused by an intermittent VHF parasite.  To find the
frequency of the parasitic oscillation, unplug the amp and measure the
resonance present at either side of the DC-blocker cap.