[Amps] 2 x 8877

Mike McCarthy, W1NR w1nr at eecorp.com
Sat Feb 28 09:26:14 EST 2004

The Alpha SX had issues on 10M because of the capacitance of the two
tubes.  Also, 2x8877 is more expensive than 3x3cx800.  With the 3cx800,
the plate voltage is lower, required capacitance is lower, voltage
ratings of tank components is lower translating into a more cost
effective design.

Still, nothing impresses me more, at least visually, than a pair of
4-1000's built into a cabinet with windows...

Mike, W1NR