[Amps] WTS: Eico model 710 dip meter. $37 incl postage

tongaloa tongaloa at alltel.net
Sun Feb 29 19:03:19 EST 2004

Description from:

http://edebris.com/catalog2/item/1281
where you can also see photos.
Thumbnails there link to detail.

EICo model 710 grid dip oscillator/meter

The good:
It's extremely clean on the inside and the dial is nice.
It dipped my 70Mc or so test coil just fine.
It has the original coil box and all the coils are there(open slot is
for the coil that's plugged in)

The bad:
I would recommend checking power supply filter for excess leakage.
There is a poor connection and if you don't hold it just right it does
not power up
You'll have to scout up a copy of the manual, BAMA mebbe?

The ugly:
Look at the outside, it really needs a clean up.
The plastic shrink identifiers for the coils are cracked and coming off
I had to clean the pins on the 100Mc coil I used to check operation, you'll
have to clean the others.
I also have a few things on ebay right now...
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=ah7i
<http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=ah7i>

Thanks, -Bob