[Amps] 3.5 kV 2A REGULATED Power Supply: Schematic ?

R.Measures r at somis.org
Thu Jan 1 05:25:37 EST 2004

>>>That is only true if the grid input circuit is guaranteed to be able to
>>>soak up all possible levels of drive without allowing grid current...
>>
>>**  So you are essentially saying that if the grid terminating resistor
>>is blown away by the exciter, the grid driving potential could rise to a
>>higher level and grid-current could flow?  Although this seems possible
>>with exciters that do not have an SWR-foldback, I have not seen such,
>>Ian.  Have you?  Would not such a scenario require that the
>>grid-terminator be grossly undersized?
>>
>No, I didn't say any of that - you said all of it yourself.

**  A grid-terminator R either soaks up the power or it don't.  If it
doesn't soak, it's croaked.
-  If the grid-terminator is present and intact it presents the design
impedance at the grid over the full range of input power.  If the grid
draws current, a competent operator knows to either reduce the power-out
limit on the exciter -  or to increase the DC grid bias potential and
increase screen potential to restore the recommended ZSAC..

>Likewise most of what followed bore no relation to what I actually said.

** What did you have in mind regarding the terminating R not being able
to absorb power, Ian?