[Amps] Step start resistors

K7RDX k7rdx at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 5 13:12:01 EST 2004

Most ops here in the good ol USA don`t have a problem with house lights
diming when powering up our amps....We usually run the psu from a dedicated
240vac line....At least that`s my way here in Central WA....Also we have the
cheapest hydro power in the world!  We sell a lot of our  power to the boys
in Southern Ca.....Costs them a bit more than us. Incidentally, I step start
my 4kv supply with 25 ohms/200watt, and the 6700 supply with 50ohms/200watt
res. Been doing that for long time now and so far no bitching from either
supply...Good new year to all, Jim.