[Amps] Step start resistors, another solution

ka1xo at juno.com ka1xo at juno.com
Tue Jan 6 01:22:45 EST 2004

Sirs,

When talking about soft starts and step starts, and hearing Alek mention the Emtron system I must join the contingent and add my
experiences and commendations.

The Emtron system of soft start technology uses a sensing circuit with a high-amperage solid state device that manages the painless start up of their amplifiers.

The front panel switch does not need to have thick guage wires: The switch closes a sensing circuit in the step-start, and that systems logic and relays take over from there.

I would love to see an Emtron Soft Start kit marketed for generic amplifiers as perhaps an add-on. It is hands-down the best mechanism I've ever dealt with in 42 years of hamming.

Hal Mandel
KA1XO