[Amps] Alpha 76AE, help

EA2LU Jorge Daglio ea2lu at telefonica.net
Mon Jan 19 15:12:41 EST 2004

Hello All, I have a throuble with an Alpha model
76ae, that a friend of mine let me to use it.
According his words it was out of service for
several years due to a minor problem.
I remove the cover and quick discover the
fuse F3 broken, replaced it  and switch on, but
NIL, then I found one of the mains broken too
replaced it and switch on all OK, but in few seconds
the resistor R112 (3.3K from HV to onel leg of
plate overcurrent relay) literally explode!.
The Big-Bang switch off the mains of home
and my cat that was sleeping on the shack
looked like hedgehog!
Any suggestion of where the problem could be!
Thanks very much in advance for the help.
73s de Jorge EA2LU