[Amps] 18 ga. enamel wire

Kurt Lacko uncrichie at comcast.net
Sun Jan 25 18:58:40 EST 2004

I'm in need of 18 ga enamel coated wire for winding toroid inductors.  I used to be able to find it everywhere,  however thats not the case today.  Any suggestions on a location would be greatly appreciated.  In the mean time are any of the following wire coatings the same as enamel: Heavy Amidesten, Heavy Poly Nylon,  Polyimide Enamel,  or Single Poly Nylon?  These are coatings used on magnet wire that I am able to find.  Would any be a suitable substitute?  Many thanks in advance for your help.       Kurt...