[Amps] ALPHA77 Relay

R.Measures r at somis.org
Mon Jan 26 03:13:38 EST 2004

>HELP
>
>Had problems with the reed relay staying in TX position during CQ160M test.
>SO gotta fix it REAL soon.  Has anyone replaced the reed relay with a vac
>relay?

**  The Matsushita/Panasonic type-RSD  SPDT RF reed-relay is quicker
(1-mS make/break) , quieter, smaller, and not as costly as a vacuum
relay.   We carry these for retrofitting older amplifiers with high-speed
switching so that they will not hot-switch with modern radios.  Our part
# is 44.5 and the cost is $11 plus $1 for postage.  The coil requirement
is 14mA at 12v, so a shunt resistor across the coil is typically needed
to limit current when an RSD is connected in series with a vacuum relay.
--   Say the word and I will put one in the mail to you this morning when
I go to the post office.  You can pay from the invoice.

cheers