[Amps] EMTRON OF AUSTRALIA

ka1xo at juno.com ka1xo at juno.com
Thu Jan 29 09:19:58 EST 2004

Ladies (and Germs),

Rudi, the VK-land prexy of EMTRON was forwarded a posting from this reflector containing mention of how FedEx throughly destroyed the one-week-old DX-3 tetrode amplifier and he telephoned me this evening at my
office in Hackensack.

When he was done hollering at me for ever trusting "those animals," he kindly offered to receive back the destroyed remains of the DX-3 and to attempt "Operation Lazarus."

It was painful to relate to him how the GU-78b tore the socket right from the chassis and how it tore the tank circuit to pieces.

I ask of us, how can something that far gone ever be made right again? The amp was a Critical Tuner, to say the least, and the Russki Tetrode was ready to crank out 4.5 KW in a heartbeat. Fed Ex picked up the amp from NT4I's QTH over 2 weeks ago and since then no one's heard a word, and no one knows where it went...

But hat's off to Rudi and EMTRON of Australia. A whole lot of amp in a small package: 4.5KW in a footprint smaller than a '374, and not one cold solder joint or cheesy piece of hardware.

Hal Mandel
KA1XO/2