[Amps] Drake L7 in need of TLC? Advice please!

M1AQV M1AQV at qsl.me.uk
Thu Jan 29 22:55:04 EST 2004

Hi guys,

Many thanks for all the advice about my L7's PSU chaps, all much
appreciated. I am awaiting arrival of new capacitors and will order
larger diodes plus new capacitor equalising resistors and a couple of 10
ohm glass coated wirewounds for glitch protection. Seems best not to
bother with the diode equaliser resistors I gather? - but I still have
to have capacitor equalisers right?

I will also be investigating adding a step-start circuit, any
suggestions of what's best to use please?

Again thanks for your advice so far, I feel honoured to be receiving
help from such authorities on the subject!

73 de Tyron, M1AQV